v3 - ERROR: An item with the same key has already been added

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:48 AM

I've installed v3 as per instructions and am presented with a list of sprints on the default screen - I assume this is correct.

The header panel states 'Scrum Dashboard // Kenny Grant' - I assume this is correct also, it's the double '/' that got me thinking.

When I select the first sprint I get the following error:

An item with the same key has already been added.

<!-- body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } -->

Server Error in '/scrum' Application.

An item with the same key has already been added.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
   System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +4262561
   ScrumDashboard.Library.Tfs.BacklogItemHandler.GetBacklogItems(String tfsProject, String iterationPath) +484
   ScrumDashboard.Library.Models.SprintViewData.Create(IRepository repo, String tfsProject, Int32 sprint, Nullable`1 teamSprint) in d:\TFS\ScrumDashboard\scrumdashboard\Head\ScrumDashboardMvc\Models\SprintViewData.cs:33
   ScrumDashboardMvc.Controllers.DashboardController.Index(String project, Int32 sprint, Nullable`1 teamsprint) in d:\TFS\ScrumDashboard\scrumdashboard\Head\ScrumDashboardMvc\Controllers\DashboardController.cs:55
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +210
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +258
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +39
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__a() +125
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +640
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +312
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +709
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +162
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__4() +58
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +20
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +453
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +371

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Anyone know how to solve this?

Cheers

Kenny

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Hi, I found the cause and created a bug http://scrumdashboard.codeplex.com/workitem/9198. I will fix it and upload a new release later today.