Installation instructions

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2008 at 8:03 PM
Feedback on the installation instructions would be great, it's just something I've written down from the top of my head and I'm sure I missed some points.
Jun 24, 2008 at 6:23 PM
I followed the posted installation instructions, and also set the path to the scrumdashboard files, and when I tried to access the site I got an error 403.

One thing I read in the instructions that was impossible to do:

Create a new virtual directory ScrumDashboard in the Team System Web Access site in IIS and select the previously created application pool ScrumDashboard (the reason to create the virtual directory in the same web site as the web access is to be able to open dialogs using javascript events without cross domain problems)

If you create a virtual directory under a web site, you're forced to use the application pool setting for the web site.  Did you mean to select the path to the scrumdashboard folder?  That's all you get to set when creating the virtual directory.
Coordinator
Jun 25, 2008 at 8:09 AM
Hi,

I will update the instructions, you should right click and select Properties to be able to change the application pool after you created the virtual directory pointed to the scrumdashboard folder.
Jun 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Properties let's me see the application pool (Virtual Directory tab, Application Settings), but it's greyed out and can't be changed.  The Application Name is Team System Web Access, so it looks like it's in the right place per the installation instructions.


perb wrote:
Hi,

I will update the instructions, you should right click and select Properties to be able to change the application pool after you created the virtual directory pointed to the scrumdashboard folder.


Coordinator
Jun 25, 2008 at 5:20 PM
Ok, click on "Create application" to get it running in its own application - then you should be able to select app pool.

sspotts wrote:

Properties let's me see the application pool (Virtual Directory tab, Application Settings), but it's greyed out and can't be changed.  The Application Name is Team System Web Access, so it looks like it's in the right place per the installation instructions.


perb wrote:
Hi,

I will update the instructions, you should right click and select Properties to be able to change the application pool after you created the virtual directory pointed to the scrumdashboard folder.





Jun 26, 2008 at 3:08 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2008 at 8:19 PM
I should have posted earlier that I did that right after sending the message, but it didn't solve the 403 error.  The TS Web Access page works fine, BTW.

I just got a chance to go through the other settings, and found that default.aspx wasn't in the list of default content pages (Documents tab, enable default content page, add, "default.aspx").  Once I added it, the page worked.

perb wrote:
Ok, click on "Create application" to get it running in its own application - then you should be able to select app pool.

sspotts wrote:

Properties let's me see the application pool (Virtual Directory tab, Application Settings), but it's greyed out and can't be changed.  The Application Name is Team System Web Access, so it looks like it's in the right place per the installation instructions.


perb wrote:
Hi,

I will update the instructions, you should right click and select Properties to be able to change the application pool after you created the virtual directory pointed to the scrumdashboard folder.