v3 beta: remaining tasks total does not equal 'work' figure on overview

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:57 PM

When I add up all the work remaining for 'in progress' and 'not started' tasks shown in the dashboard for our current sprint the figure comes to 39 - as it does in TFS itself.

However the overview table in dashboard shows '57h of 104h (55%)' - I assume the work remaining figure is the 104 - 57 equalling 47, so not matching the 39.

Is this a bug?

The use the dashboard all the time in our sprints, it's great - but we need the overview table figures to match the totals of the tasks shown.

Kenny

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Hi,

sounds like a bug. I looked at the code and it adds 'work remaining' for tasks in all states. Do you have any 'work remaining' sitting in 'done' or maybe some deleted state ?

/Per

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:53 AM
Hi Perb, thanks for the response

We probably have work remaining in deleted state and we'll definately have work in done state as we progress through the work.

Are you saying this is a known bug and you'll be making a new release to fix it Perb?

Cheers
Kenny

On 14 September 2010 20:54, perb <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

sounds like a bug. I looked at the code and it adds 'work remaining' for tasks in all states. Do you have any 'work remaining' sitting in 'done' or maybe some deleted state ?

/Per

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (scrumdashboard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email scrumdashboard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Ok. Can you report a bug on it under the Issue Tracker, I will look into it and see what the problem is.