Deployment questions

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:11 AM

The burndown chart is displayed by rendering one of the images on the existing Burndown Report, the ID of this image may be different on some installations. You determine this ID by clicking on unavailable report in Scrum Dashboard, it should render the complete report in a popup window. Then right-click on the image displaying the chart and find the rs:ImageID querystring, you need to set that value in web.config setting tfsReportImageID.

I clicked on the chart but got a report server error, so nothing rendered. (I'll have to get the exact error tomorrow at work).

Scrum Dashboard assumes that everyone working with a team project is a member of the "Contributors"-group, otherwise you may get some strange behaviours with non-working initials for example.

So the minimum is Contributors group?  Full functionality for Project Admins?

Each Scrum Dashboard instance can only handle 1 collection, if you want to have multiple collections you need to create one site for each collection and point the URL to TFS directly against that collection, for example:
<add key="tfsServer" value="http://tfsserver:8080/tfs/collection"/>

Can I use the same app pool for all instances, just a different web application for each collection?

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2011 at 10:34 AM

You should be able to use the same app pool for all instances. Basically the Contributors group is used to get a list of users that is mapped to the "Assigned To"-field, so everybody that is working in that specific project should be in the Contributors group.

I uploaded 3.02 since I suspect the crash is related to the "space in project name" issue.