Run-time error and project name with national characters

Feb 25, 2011 at 11:07 AM

We are running Scrum dashboard ver 3.0.2 and we have a few projects where we use Swedish national characters in the project name. When we choose the project in the dropdown box an error message is shown. It works fine when we choose the project from the main page.

Error message,

Server Error in '/scrum' Application.

TF51011: The node specified is not found in the classification hierarchy. The error is caused by «'xxx�xxx'».

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.ValidationException: TF51011: The node specified is not found in the classification hierarchy. The error is caused by «'xxx
xxx'».

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ValidationException: TF51011: The node specified is not found in the classification hierarchy. The error is caused by «'xxx�xxx'».]

Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Query.Initialize(WorkItemStore store, String wiql, IDictionary context, Int32[] ids, Int32[] revs, Boolean dayPrecision) +1846900

Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Query..ctor(WorkItemStore store, String wiql, IDictionary context) +32

ScrumDashboard.Library.Tfs.TeamSprintHandler.GetTeamSprints(String tfsProject, Int32 sprintNumber) +243

ScrumDashboardMvc.Controllers.DashboardController.TeamSprints(String projectName, Int32 sprint) in d:\TFS\ScrumDashboard\scrumdashboard\Head\ScrumDashboardMvc\Controllers\DashboardController.cs:83

lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +165

System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +248

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +39

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassd.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__a() +125

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +640

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +312

System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +691

System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +162

System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass8.<BeginProcessRequest>b__4() +58

System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +20

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +453

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +371

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Did the "räksmörgås" test and think I fixed it, you can downloaded the fixed version from:

http://scrumdashboard.codeplex.com/workitem/10323

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I tried to install .04 but I got an error directly.

“Linktext Value cannot be null”

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Ok, where do you get this error and do you get a more detailed error message ?

I tried on installing on our server and it worked fine, make sure you clear the browser cache and that you copied in all files to the site root (excluding web.config).

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:25 PM

The message appear before the main page in shown. (http://tfszzz:8080/scrum)

Server Error in '/scrum' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Value cannot be null or empty.

Parameter name: linkText

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Value cannot be null or empty.

Parameter name: linkText

If a use an URL with project name and sprint id it works fine, eg. http://tfszzz:8080/scrum/Dashboard?project=xxxx&sprint=12320

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:27 PM
Edited Mar 10, 2011 at 2:27 PM

edit, duplicate

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM

My mistake, I uploaded the wrong version - hit the link again.