Scrum Dashboard using Microsoft Scrum Template 1.0

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Hey Guys,

I previously used your dashboard version 1 and I'm very happy to see that your project is still alive and seems to be really improved ! Good job :)

In my new company, we are using TFS2010 with Microsoft Scrum Template 1.0 released last year. This template is quite good for our usage but we really need a dashboard to work with scrum. I wanted to use yours but it seems to be only compatible with EMC2's template. Is there a chance that you implement a provider for Microsoft's template ? 
If not do you see some incompatibility with your dashboard and MS template ?

Thanks !

Rodolphe 

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, I am not planning to implement support for Microsoft's template - it will probably not work without code changes.

Microsoft is also releasing their own agile planning board as part of the next version of TFS:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2011/06/14/agile-project-management-in-visual-studio-alm-v-next.aspx

/Per

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Hi Perb,

Thanks for this quick answer. I tried to modify your source code yesterday, it seems that most of modifications are localized in your TFS connector, but it's quite hard to find every correspondences between these templates and the way they should be used.

Thank you for this great link, MS's dashboard seems great ! But we'll have to wait a bit to use it...

Rodolphe

Nov 21, 2011 at 7:45 PM

[Disclaimer: I work on Urban Turtle]

Urban Turtle supports all of the popular templates out of the box: MSF Agile 5.0, Visual Studio Scrum 1.0 and also Scrum for Team System v3. This support can be extended via xml files to just about any custom process template.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I tried for a day to get this to work but unfortunately I could only get as far as a friendly 500 screen or a blank screen (with no source other than head & body tags).

I tried on two different servers & was admin on both, couldn't find anything useful in the event logs either.

I didn't have the specific scrum templates installed for this dashboard but assumed I would see the 'no suitable templates' message if nothing else. As such can't risk a move to using those templates without knowing if this will work.