Changing SBI in VS or TFS don't update the cache

Oct 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM
Hi and thanks for the dashboard, it really eases the daily work in our projects.

We have some issues with the dashboard though and one is that when we change the PBI or SBI using VS or TSWA, (for instance changing owner, remaining work or status) these changes are not reflected in the dashboard.
I can see that you caches all data from the dashboard and I guess that this is the cause of the mismatch.

We would like a "Refresh" button that performs a full reload for all cached data for the loaded sprint (even the cached contributor list) so we manually can update the view when we would like to get the data from scratch...

/Dan
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2008 at 12:42 PM
The callback that you register as part of the installation flushes the cache when changes are made to a project. Step 10 in the installation guide.

A simple test is to see if the RSS-feed is working (because it uses the same callback), just click the orange RSS-feed button in your browser and see if it works - you should see a list of changes.

Oct 22, 2008 at 1:10 PM
I had moved the site manually to another location and reregistered the event again to the new url.
The event failed to notify the dashboard webservice and when i manually browsed the webservice it worked from the client but not from the server. From the server I got a 401.1 error stating access denied and finally traced it to a problem when hosting multiple https sites on the same server and using kerberos authentication. After checking a blog article by David Wang ( http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/07/14/HOWTO_Diagnose_IIS_401_Access_Denied.aspx ) I used the setspn command and the problem went away...

I have one issue remaining though and that is with the cached contributors list. This is not getting updated if I add/remove a user to/from the contributors group. Is there an event that can be used for updating the cache like the event for updating the workitems?
Coordinator
Oct 22, 2008 at 1:53 PM
Ok, thanks for sharing.

The contributor list is only cached 1 hour so it should expire by itself, I haven't looked at any events for expiring that list since its not very often we change it.