Burndown chart is missing

Oct 8, 2008 at 3:16 PM
Fist of all I have to say that the dashboard is a great visual tool for TFS.$0$0$0$0Evertything seams to work except that the burndown chart isn't working.$0$0RSS is empty as well.$0$0$0$0$0We have used it for some days now and we can create and move tasks.$0$0We can go in i reporting service and se the burndown chart there for the sprint.$0$0$0$0$0When I click the NO REPORT AVALIBLE i get to the reporing start page.$0$0$0$0$0Any ideas?$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0$0
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Thanks.

Select "View source" in your browser and find the element <iframe id="reportViewer", take the value of the src attribute and paste it in a new tab. You must replace all &amp; with &.

You will get a URL similar to:
http://tfs/reportserver?%2fProjectName%2fSprint+Burndown+Chart&rs:Command=RenderStream&rs:Format=HTML4.0&rs:ClearSession=true&vReleasePath=%5cProjectName%5cRelease+1%5cSprint+10&vTeamName=MyTeam

What happens?

Oct 9, 2008 at 3:51 PM
Edited Oct 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM
Thanx for a quick awnser.
http://tfs/Reports_SQL2005?%2fprojekt%2fSprint+Burndown+Chart&amp;rs:Command=RenderStream&amp;rs:Format=HTML4.0&amp;rs:ClearSession=true&amp;vReleasePath=%5cprojekt%5cRelease+1%5cSprint+1

This is the link generated.
And when I replace the &amp; i still come to the start page of the repoerting server.

http://tfs/Reports_SQL2005/Pages/Folder.aspx

We can go in the report service and se the the burn down so the graphic is generated. If we add /Pages/Report.aspx?itempath= we can se the correct burndown with some settings we can do.

Is there any setup of the reporting service we missed?

Oct 10, 2008 at 12:15 PM
A quick question. Which page does the rendering of the image?
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2008 at 7:31 AM
I think you have configured  the wrong link, Reporting Services constists of both a user interface and a reporting part. The reporting part does not redirect to any ASPX pages.

So, you should not link to the UI (in my case http://tfs/Reports). You should link to the server (in my case http://tfs/ReportServer). Since you have custom names you may want to look that up on the server.

Oct 15, 2008 at 7:52 AM
Thank you for all your help.$0Everything works great now.$0
Dec 11, 2008 at 11:51 PM
The BurnDown chart shows "Report Not Available" message. When clicking the placeholder, the report loads fine. When following the above advice:

Select "View source" in your browser and find the element <iframe id="reportViewer", take the value of the src attribute and paste it in a new tab. You must replace all &amp; with &.

the report renders fine. Just doesnt seem to work in the IFrame in IE?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2008 at 8:13 AM
Hi,

which version of reporting services (2005 or 2008) are you running ? Also, which version of the Scrum for Team System templates for TFS, v2.1 or v2.2 ?

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:18 AM
We're having the same problem as 'jferguson' above.  The placeholder link works fine as well as directly viewing the report from the value in src attribute.  I've checked it in both Firefox and IE--no difference.

We are using reporting services 2008 and are using v2.2 of the Scrum for Team System template and version 2.3.0.0 of the Scrum Dashboard.

Any clue?

Thanks.
Feb 14, 2009 at 3:29 AM
More information....

I tracked the problem to the rs:ImageID=C_12_S report parameter.  When this is included I receive the error

"The stream cannot be found. The stream identifier that is provided to an operation cannot be located in the report server database. (rsStreamNotFound)".

If I take it off, the report displays correctly.

I looked in the ScrumDashboard code and found that this a hard-coded value.  Is it some Cochango report ID or similar?  Why can't it find it in the report database?

I'm baffled at this point.  Any other ideas?  Help!
Coordinator
Feb 16, 2009 at 8:12 AM
I am thinking it could be related to SQL 2008 since I haven't been testing that version myself, we use SQL 2005.

The ImageID is required to get the actual graph instead of the whole report. The report you are getting when you remove ImageID, could you right click in that graph(the image) and post the link. It should contain an ImageID of sorts ?

The image looks like this on my server:
http://xx/ReportServer?%2fDevProject%2fSprint+Burndown+Chart&rs%3aFormat=HTML4.0&rs%3aImageID=C_12_S

/Per
Feb 16, 2009 at 7:19 PM
The image ID has changed to 'C_22iT0_1'.  Here is the link:

http://teamserver1/ReportServer?%2fOneGreatFamily+Scrum%2fSprint+Burndown+Chart&rs%3aSessionID=fgx3ac55ryao2qvqnf2q3g55&rs%3aFormat=HTML4.0&rs%3aImageID=C_22iT0_1

BTW, how do you find that in the report database?  I looked all through the Reports database and couldn't find any trace of it.

Well, anyway, this is the problem.  I suppose we could fix it in the code and recompile for us, but you'll probably need to do something to support both SqlServer 2005 and 2008.

/je
Feb 16, 2009 at 7:53 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2009 at 9:41 PM
I changed the ImageID and rebuilt the ScrumDashboard, but now I just get a blank area (the empty.png).  Obviously, I've done something wrong either with the build or something else.  I'll wait to see if you guys come up with a quick solution.

Also, I upgraded to the Beta version, so if you make the fix in the Beta code that's fine with me.

Thanks.

/je
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Thats the only way I've found to extract the burndown graph without making my own (and without rendering the whole report which for obvious resons won't fit on the dashboard).

I don't have access to a TFS with SQL 2008 Reporting Services so I am not sure when I will be able to fix this, any help is appreciated. Also if there are better way to extract the image would be interesting.
Feb 19, 2009 at 4:08 AM
Okay, I've tried to fix this several times in code by specifying the new ImageID, but the 'empty.png' is always displaying.  It's like the report has rendered, but for some reason the src attribute for the 'burndownChart' element is not being replaced like it should to reference the stream.  Everything else on the dashboard works, so again I'm baffled.  Any clues or help?
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2009 at 8:13 AM
Set width and height on the iframe reportViewer in default.aspx, then you can see the actual report that gets rendered. From that you should get some clues, its the image from that report we are trying to extract.
Feb 20, 2009 at 3:54 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2009 at 7:03 PM
Finally got it to work.  I had just left out a single-quote on the 'src' attribute--dooh!  Works now with the new ID.
Mar 22, 2009 at 2:11 PM
I had exactly the same problem, but the ImageID for me was "C_24iT0_1". I've used Firebug the extract it from the actual report page (StreamID parameter of the image url). Then fixed it with ILDASM/ILASM as I'm too lazy to set-up the project :)

I'm using TFS2008 SP1 / SQL 2008. It would be very bad if these IDs change between the releases :/
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2009 at 2:57 PM
Yep, then we need to come up with a new approach to extract the graph from the report. Hmm..
Apr 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Perhaps you can add the ImageID in the appSettings? It's a hack at best, but is still much better than a hardcoded string and it'll do until we figure out a way to do this properly.
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Yep, I've checked in a setting for this. Will update the installation instructions.
Apr 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM
Thank you :)