Changes in Sprints are not shown on Dashboard

Dec 15, 2008 at 8:58 AM
Hi

When I use TFS client in Visual Studio to go to the "Areas and Iterations" to change the setup of the sprints to come, Scrum DashBoard does not pick up these changes in the "Sprint" drop down. The changes are however picked up by both VS and TFS Web Access.

Any suggestions??

/Nicolas
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2008 at 10:43 AM
Scrum Dashboard has its own caching and only listens to changes made on work items. You can either wait a hour for the cache to expire or make changes to any work item in that project to expire the cache.

Dec 15, 2008 at 11:24 AM
I've been waiting for days :-).  I've rebooted the server, I ran IISReset.  I've been to the TFS datawarehouse and forced a refresh..  Dont quite know how I can force Scrum dashbord to upgrade??

Dec 15, 2008 at 11:27 AM
If I edit a Backlog Item, using Dash Board which opens TFS Web Access, I can change BL item to another Sprint, but it then disappers from the Dash board (as expected) , but I can never choose that sprint again from the Sprint Drop Down...
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2008 at 12:42 PM
You create a sprint by creating a work item of type "Sprint" and then selecting the iteration, the iteration is just what glues all these artifacts together. So if you assign a Product Backlog Item to an iteration without a sprint you will not see it in the dropdown.
Dec 15, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Great! Thanks for your input.