Team Member List not displaying

Mar 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2009 at 11:14 PM
When dragging unassigned tasks from one status to the other the team member dialog displays, but no team members are listed.

I've set the connection string to use a user with "dbowner" permissions and if I have <all> selected as the team in the pulldown I'll get the All Contributors tab showing all the users in my TFS system.
But, if I try to select a particular team then move a task, the "All Contributors" list is come up empty and the other two tabs that used to show up, don't.

Am I missing some other part of the installation?
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM
There have been an issue with this in 2.3 since it tries to minimize the number of reloads in the "Assign To"-dialog, so sometimes it does not reload even if it should.

I you have problems with this you may want to try the beta of 2.4, we are running it here with multiple teams and I have not heard any problems regarding this.
Mar 20, 2009 at 5:26 AM
I use the Mar 12 23326 Changeset, "Assign To - All Contributors" still have no member inside. I can't find the function that load those contributors. Please tell me for I can try to debug myself. Maybe the reason is like the bug I submit Non English TFS will get TF26027 error with wrong WorkItem.Fields["x"], only occur at non English TFS.
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM
Have a look at: ScrumDashboard.Library.GetProjectContributorsLookup
Apr 13, 2009 at 6:30 AM
I had found the problem. In GetProjectContributorsLookup(), the line

Identity contributorsGroup = sec.ReadIdentity(SearchFactor.AccountName, groupName, QueryMembership.Expanded);

get a Identity contributorsGroup, but contributorsGroup.Members have no any member.

I check the project group setting for Contributors, the "Members" tab, there are no any member, but "Belongs To Members" have "SERVER\Team Foundation Valid Users". I think TFS will accept all "SERVER\Team Foundation Valid Users" 's users as Contributors members, so all members use TFS normally. If I add all members in the "Members" tab, then all members can be viewed in Scrum Dashboard.

Maybe Scrum Dashboard should consider to support this settings (because TSWA support it, I can choose all members from TSWA's "Owned By" field), maybe just ask users to add them in Members for Scrum Dashboard.
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Great.

Please add a Feature request if you would like too see that support in Scrum Dashboard.

/Per