Display the Deferred status

Mar 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Conchango Scrum for TFS has six status' that I can see (Not Done, In Progress, Ready for Test, Done and Deferred). Is there a way to configure the dashboard to show the Deferred status for a task? How does your dasbhoard work with the Deferred state?

When tasks are not completed and the sprint has finished (heaven forbid!), what do you do with your sprint tasks? Do you move them to the the next sprint or leave them in the original sprint and mark them deferred?
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2009 at 7:24 AM
I have not worked with Deferred myself so I have no good answer, anyone else ?

In the latest 2.4 Beta you can have Product Backlog Items spanning two sprints (with Sprint Backlog Items assigned to different sprints).
Mar 31, 2009 at 9:54 PM
For us, we don't count partially completed PBIs in to our velocity.  So if we have a PBI with one or more unfinished SBIs, when we do backlog selection for the next sprint, we update the iteration field on the PBI to the new sprint.  This leaves any done items in the previous iteration, but updates incomplete SBIs automatically to the new sprint.

We only use deferred for items we purposefully de-scope from a sprint.  Although it is true, that the visibility of these deferred items isn't that great...