Display of new work item templates

May 27, 2009 at 11:42 AM

We have extended the functionality in the "bug" work item template to create a new version called "Incident". I am guessing the Scrum Dashboard won't pick this up and display the "Create Incident...." as an option or display previously created work items of this type.

To extend your code base would it be a complicated change or is it a case of opening up the source code related to "bug" and making the necessary amends? Are there any gotchas?

Thanks

Steve

Coordinator
May 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Edited May 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Check if "Import bugs" can import your "Incident" as sprint backlog items (with a link to the original work item), that would be my approach.

Jun 2, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I too would like an easy way to include additional work item types to be displayed similarly to others.

Currently we have 3 work item types that we would like displayed as Product Backlog (one more than the base template). We do this for organizational purposes, in that we created a "Small Enhancement" that we work through our production support process and gets prioritized along side the bugs (which is a separate list than Product Backlog). Non-standard, I know, but it is working for us. :)

Anyhow, I would like to be able to specify in the config, rather than tfsViewBugsAsProductBacklogs, could we change it to be something that we specify the work item types to display as product backlog. Additionally, a similar mechanism could be created to view Sprint Backlog.

If you like, I can make this change and send it to you, but I think it would solve Steve's issue as well as mine.

Damon

PS: This is a great tool, that my team 100% relies on, THANK YOU for offering it up to the community.

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it.

I think your enhancements sounds like a good approach, you should create an work item with your suggestion and then attach the changed code.