Page not loading and inetinfo taking 100% CPU

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Hi !

First congratulation for your project ! Its description and the screen seems to e exactly what we need to push our team managment a step further with TFS and scrum !

I would love to congratz you more but for the moment I couldn't tested it myself...

I installed your project on my tfs server following your setup instructions but when I try to load the dashboard, the page never load (loading never stops) and when I take a look at my webserver, its CPU is used from 40 to 80% by InetInfo (witch is a IIS debug process as I saw on google. When I kill it it is then the worker process that takes this high CPU (W3P.exe) and I've got to kill it to get the server coming ack to a normal CPU usage, the page then stops loading.

Have you ever seen somethinglike that ? The biggest problem is that as I do not gat a clear error message, I cant do anything to solve it ! Nothing more in the eventviewer.

Hope you'll be able to save us, I already spend an afternoon on it without any result

FYI, we are using Windows server 2008, IIS7 ans sql server 2008

Thanks !

Sep 23, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Hi!

We got the same thing here.  But on IIS6 and Sql Server 2005.  Looman, any update on your situation?

Thanks!

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Hey JP

Sorry, I didn't came back to explain how I fixed it...

Actually, after several tests we discovered that the problem came from one of our app pool which was not vorking properly... Maybe a bad configuration ?

Under IIS7, the pool used by the dashboard was the same than the one used by TFS Web UI, so we just changed it with a new pool with standards configurations. Under IIS6, it may be a bit different (I think a virtual directory can hav its own pool)

Hope it helps !