RSS Feed Empty

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Edited Oct 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Hi,

I think I've got most of your Dashboard (which seems to be exactly what we want!) working but the RSS feed stays empty no matter what changes are made to work items.

What changes should trigger an entry in the RSS feed?

Is the fact that the WorkItemEvent table is empty the reason there is nothing in the RSS feed? The other tables are being populated with data automatically, so the connection string would appear to be OK. The notification asmx page is being called (according to the ISS logs) but is doesn't seem to be inserting anything into the database (which is what I assume it is supposed to do)

Could I manually test the WorkItemChanged.asmx page? And if so, what would I have to enter as the parameters?

Also, the Kiosk.aspx page is empty, but I'm not sure if that is related.

What other information can I supply to help debug this issue?

And thanks for developing and supporting this!

Ian

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:36 PM
bigwave wrote:

What changes should trigger an entry in the RSS feed?

As Homer Simpson would say "Doh!"

It is working, but it only tracks product backlog items changes, so it's no wonder that it didn't pick up all my changes to sprint backlog items!

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:44 PM
bigwave wrote:

Also, the Kiosk.aspx page is empty, but I'm not sure if that is related.

And having browsed the source code, the Kiosk page need the project name passed as a query string e.g. Kisok.aspx?Project=<project name>

So it's all working now!

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Beauty of open source, right ? ;-) I should have added a more descriptive message but that Kiosk-page has been "in development" for a while and never been really "done"..